Monday, August 31, 2009

Why did I wait till 3 to potty train?

Because I HATE it.

I forgot that until I started... ok I didn't forget, I just forgot the magnitude at which I hate it. I actually gave up yesterday after a pee accident 1 minute after getting off the potty and 2 poops in 2 hours. Plus it was sunday, and we had to go to church, and I didn't have the energy to even think of doing that there.

But I started again this morning. Well, after I emerged from the fog that clouded my head from being up with Moira last night, which meant a wet pull-up. Oh well. So I put her potty in front of the TV while she watched a movie, and she sat on it the whole movie- and not a drop! (Course, had I left her in a pull up or panties, I would bet my robot vacuum that there would have been an accident!) So I spent all of lunch getting her to try going potty at regular intervals, with no success. I gave her juice. I gave her crackers so that she would want more juice. I made her sit for long periods of time. Nap time crept up on us and still nothing. At this point I'm frustrated because I know she has all this juice in her now, and I don't want my efforts to be a total waste (ie her going in her pull up during naptime). So I had her sit on the potty and told her she could not get up until she went. The minutes ticked by... nothing. So I gave up. I sat up ready to put her pull-up on and take her to bed when I heard it...

There are few times that I have been more relieved. We did the potty dance (which changes every time- i need to come up with something concrete) and put a sticker on her 'chart,' and gave lots of high-fives.

But I still hate potty-training. :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

I agree, I hate it!

But it sounds like you know, it is all about powering through. We did the potty training in one day method with all 3 (takes more like a week to be fully done). It is awful for that week, but they learned quickly.

Keep up the good work!