Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy 8th Anniversary!

This is by far my favorite wedding picture. Janet Gordon did our pictures and at this point she said something along the lines of: Relax, you guys are getting married- look like you like each other, which made us laugh and more naturally hold each other. There are a many things that I can count on in our relationship, and one of those is that we make each other laugh (mostly because we have the same warped sense of humor). Marriage isn't easy- I'd accuse anyone who said otherwise, but Marriage is worth it. I think we've gotten through the hard times because we have never let go of certain things: our friendship that started our relationship, and that has only gotten stronger; our desire for a healthy, happy home for our family; our love, that while tested at times by our own weaknesses, has grown stronger through the refiner's fire; and our desire to serve the Lord, who, we know, will help us through anything if we only ask.

So, Happy Anniversary Kaylon. I love you more today than I did 8 years ago, and have faith that in another 8 years I'll be able to say the same.

2 comments:

manda carol said...

I remember being there for your wedding eight years ago. Love to see that you guys are more in love now than then (which is saying something!!!). Happy Anniversary!

Shawna said...

awwww thanks Manda!