Thursday, August 6, 2009

Our Trip to the Olsen's- King's Island

We had been planning to spend the entire day at King's Island, but Fred's boss had other plans, so we made the best of it and went for the evening on Monday. We spent the majority of our time in the kids area, which is surprisingly fun now that I'm a parent. We took turns taking the kids on rides- it's so much fun seeing them have fun. Grace and Gregory did brave one of the big kids roller coasters- they did well, but I don't know if they'll ever go back. We'll have to see.


Grace and Gregory riding the Blue's Clues Ride

Gregory Getting his own blue car

The Girls sharing the Purple Car (Grace's pick, of course)

Grace on the bumper cars
There were very few rides that Liliana could go on, since she's not even 36 inches yet (yes, I have apologized for giving her my genes). But there were 3 Dora/Diego rides that were perfect for her. I took her there first while the older kids went on a coaster and then Kaylon took her back later and got these pictures and video. I thought that Grace would be my coaster girl, but now, I'm thinking it might be Liliana...

Liliana with her Idol
Riding the Diego ride
Being cute
Kaylon and Liliana

This is Liliana on the Swiper ride... I didn't put her on the time that I went thinking that she would want someone older with her... I underestimated her. She LOVED it. I'm so glad Kaylon got the video so I could see it :)





We had to get back to pick up the Olsen girls from the babysitter's, but the guys gallantly allowed Debbie and me to stay behind so that we could ride some roller coasters. We managed to get on 2 before the park closed- the Beast and then the Diamondback. It was SOOOO worth it. I love roller coasters.

What we didn't know is that the guys had forgotten the house keys with us. They made the best of it and set up a campfire with smores out in the backyard. My girls were zonked out on the swing when we arrived. We quickly got all the kids in bed and then wound down in front of the fire. A hectic, but good day :)

1 comment:

Debbie's said...

What a great video of Liliana! The kids were such great lil' troopers! And whooshing down that last rollercoaster with you was the PERFECT end to the day :D