Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Things are looking up

First, I apologize for the underlines... I cannot get rid of them- i even tried fixing it in word, repasted it, and it's still like this- annoying. Anyways,...


We've been here a little over a month now and things are starting to settle in. The house has clutter, people recognize us, we've had some dinner invites, and I can even remember some names! The first few months are so hard for me- trying to fit in and overcome the part of me that is screaming at me to run and hide. There's a Relief Society pool party on Thursday. I'm hoping Kaylon gets home in time for me to go. I'm bringing my mom's chocolate chip cookies, so if I'm awkward and weird, at least they'll like me for my cookies, right?

We decided to not get a reston pool pass this summer. I just don't feel like i would be able to watch all three girls in the pool by myself, and really paying 60$ to go swimming a few times is not worth it. So, I spent one of the best 10$ of my life on a kiddie pool. It's on our deck, which is awesome because there's not mud to track into the pool (and my carpet), and I can sit on the other side of the sliding glass doors in my papasan chair and read in the a/c house while they play.




This is Moira watching them (hmmm, no underlining)

And my smiley 5 month old

4 comments:

Debbie's said...

confession: I only like you for your cookies. Ok, and your adorable kids... and good looks... and charm... and whit...

love you!

The Druhe Fam said...

I like you and I've never had your cookies! LOL. I LOVE the kiddie pool! So glad they are having fun in it! ITA that it's too hard (and potentially dangerous) to bring three little ones to the pool alone. Love the pics! Moira is getting so big! :)

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love the pool! Makes me wish I ahd a deck! Glad you're starting to settle in already. That's great! We still need to get together....one day. :)

Allison said...

Yep, this summer is the first time I can take my 3 swimming alone. Anna can swim (obviously still have to watch her closely) and I have great floaties for the twins. So it is possible, but it took 3 years before I was able to do 3 at one time!

I like your method better anyway - getting to sit in the a/c!