Monday, July 20, 2009

Grace in Primary

I forgot to mention Grace's behavior in Primary yesterday. She was great at first: she hurried up to the front to sit by the podium so that she could give her talk (then ran back to me to get her 'notes'.) She did wonderful on her talk- not even a hint of jitters. And then she went back to her seat.

It took me a few minutes to notice, since I was on the other side of the room, right in front of the piano, which made it hard to hear, but then I saw her. She was standing on one of the chairs with a huge smile on her face. Her teacher managed to get her down, and I decided to let her handle it. Then Grace proceeded to run to the front and take something from the table, followed by some dodging of her teacher, and more chair standing. I caught her eye and told her to sit on her butt. I was seriously appalled. She has always been distracted in primary, but I'm never seen her this rowdy.

Actually, last night Kaylon and I realized that we have the most disruptive kids at church. In our last ward they were normal to above normal in behavior- here, I swear I'm the only one who has to take her kids out (usually Liliana who is screaming because she didn't get her way on some point or another). I know part of it is that many families have older children, but some just have these quiet kids who don't seem to even want to misbehave. It's fun :P

No comments: