Wednesday, November 4, 2009

DC and National Zoo

I find it amazing how after each child I think that I will never be able to do certain things. For instance- grocery shopping with all three girls; I refused for months. Now I do it without blinking an eye. It makes it easier that Moira is sitting up and enjoys the chance to people watch. I guess it just takes time to adjust each time.

Another thing I never thought that I'd be able to do was take all three girls into the city by myself, and yet, that's exactly what I did yesterday. I even voted first! (Yay for Virginia turning red again!) Since Grace is 5 now, she needs her own ticket to ride the metro. She loved putting the ticket in herself and was so proud as she walked through. The older girls loved the train ride. Moira, not so much. That was partly my fault since I forgot to nurse her before we left. We met Kaylon at his office and visited with his coworkers a few minutes before heading out to a creperie. Mmmmm it was delicious!

It was such a beautiful day- probably the last of the season- that we decided to hit the zoo for an hour. It was in the 60s, so a lot of the animals were out, which usually isn't the case. We only did 1/4 of the zoo, but the girls didn't know and had a great time. Moira slept for most of the zoo, which was good for everyone's sanity on the train ride home!

Too bad this near perfect day had to end on a sour note. I decided to try the back roads home in order to miss traffic and ended up turning a 20 minute drive into 1.5 hours. I was on the right road but my sense of direction was all messed up so I went too far in one direction and not far enough in the other. Sigh. I guess I will eventually learn VA maps too...

2 comments:

Allison said...

Sounds fun! I know what you mean I thought I would never be able to go out with three toddlers but of course I don't even think about it now. Once you have your routine down you are all set!

Debbie's said...

Don't worry- it's been in the 60's all week here, so hopefully it'll be nice for you, too.