Saturday, March 28, 2009

Yup, we've got strep

Doctor confirmed yesterday that Grace does have strep (small proud mommy moment when I realized that I had diagnosed my child correctly without even calling my mom!). They gave her penicillian, but this morning Grace woke up itching all over her body (but no rash) so I'm waiting for the on call doctor to call back with a new prescription. I don't mind getting a different one since Grace HATES the penicillian and cries whenever she even thinks of taking it.

The worst thing about this is how SAD Grace is that she can't be near Moira. The doc said she hasn't seen many cases of baby strep, but to play it safe. So I let Grace sit near Moira and talk to her, but then she gets this super sad face when I remind her not to touch the baby. She's such a loving older sister.

Ok, off to continue my spring cleaning. Kaylon just took a huge pile of stuff to Salvation Army and I'm washing my sheets and comforter... I love fresh sheets!

2 comments:

Destiny said...

Sorry to hear about Grace. The non-penicillian version is quite icky too, so I'm not sure she'll be much happier. Hopefully, she'll be better soon.

Trish Olsen said...

Sorry to hear you guys have strep We in the Olsen house Have pink eye right now. My poor baby woke up this mornign with both her eye matted together. :(