Saturday, March 7, 2009

Time Warp

How is it March already? Wasn't it January just yesterday? The only days I can remember clearly are the ones leading up to Moira's birth... from then on it's a sleepless haze. Seriosuly, I lost February somewhere (which I'm not so sad about- I have February- too cold). When I watch the news (pretty rare) they mention things that happened a month ago, and I'm floored- to me it happened a week ago- maybe. I really need to get some sleep...

But on the positive side, Miss Moira is now a month old (5 weeks actually). She weighed in at 10lbs 1oz on tuesday, which follows Liliana's growth pattern more than Grace's. She is sleeping a lot these days- the second half of a growth spurt I'm pretty sure. She made it known to me this week that she no longer wants to be rocked to sleep- which makes me happy on the one hand- all I have to do is lay her down in her bed when she's drowsy and she is out in a few minutes- but sad on the other hand. I really cherish the times my girls snuggle with me and I miss it already. Liliana was very similar- something that confused me after dealing with Grace for 2 years who needed (needs) constant affirmation that I am there. Grace didn't sleep through the night for months- while Liliana did in a matter of weeks- and with no rocking from me. Things went smoother when I figured that out, since she screamed more when I rocked her. Now if Moira could just learn about sleeping longer than 3 hours at night...

Oh and on a side note, I hate the Vital Records Dept of Maryland. They mistyped Moira's name when recording her birth certificate. Technically, her name right now is Moirae (idiots). After many calls, to many places, I finally got the hospital to prove to the state of MD that her name is actually Moira. They are making the change and now I can pay another 12$ for a new birth certificate. Sadly, the change does not move automatically to the Social Security Dept. Nope. Once I get her new birth certificate I have to go in person to their office and prove that the vital records dept screwed up her name (not me!). That will have to be a day that Kaylon is home since I am not going with 3 girls under 5!

I'll have to get some new pictures up soon- we should be going out this afternoon to enjoy the beautiful weather we have today (72 degrees!) so hopefully we'll get some then. :)

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

I know how you feel, although we decided to change Asher's name a week after he was born. He was named Joseph Thomas, but Joseph was too confusing, so we went with Joseph Asher and had to visit both the birth certificate place and the social security. Never again! I'm already deciding on names now so we won't have to deal with that another time!