Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bits and Pieces

The gym isn't working out for me right now. Mornings are too hectic with Moira napping and Grace needing to eat lunch at 11:30 in order to be out of the door by 12:10 to get to school. Kaylon, while he tries to get home on time, is not the boss at work so he rarely gets home before 7:30, and by that time I'm too frazzled to get it together and go to the gym (and I don't really like going late at night). The only class I've managed to get to is my Saturday Advanced Step, which I have loved, but is not worth 33$ for 4 classes/month. Soooo... I am going to give up my membership for the time being, and do TaeBo M/W/F and weight lifting T/Th during naptime. I need to be more productive, and I think this will give me the kick in the pants that I need. Especially with the holidays, and all the yummy food that entails, coming up quickly. Now that I've publicly declared that on my blog and facebook, I'm hoping I'll stay honest.

Grace is doing well in school. As she gets used to her routine she remembers more and more from school. She sings some pretty cute songs for us and randomly tells us about rules. To keep the kids quiet in the halls they do "bubbles and angel wings" which means they fill their cheeks up with air and put their arms behind them like wings. It's really cute. She is making friends, although she only knows two of their names. She has already been invited to TWO birthday parties (which I need to RSVP...).

Liliana is liking her momma time, I think. She likes to push the button at the crosswalk and show me sticks and rocks as we walk home. We usually read a few books or talk about shapes and colors when we get home and then she and Moira go down for naps. Yesterday when we were dropping off Grace at school, Liliana tried to get in like with the other kids. It's was so cute. The assistant teacher let her stand there while the other kids were getting off the bus. Liliana was distressed when I went to collect her. Only two years left till she's be going to. I wonder where we'll live when she does.

The other thing we are going to start is French. We had wanted to enroll Grace in the French classes at school, but they are at 8am Monday mornings which would make my day (with 3 kids) look like this:

7:45 walk/drive to school to drop Grace off
8:10 get home
8:45 walk to school to pick Grace up
8:10 get home
11:10 walk to school
11:40 get home
1:10 walk to school
1:40 get home

I don't even want to try to fit in Moira eating or naps in there. I hate mondays for the shortened schedule as it is- I don't need to complicate it. Anyways, we compromised by buying the Muzzy tapes (BBC foreign language program) in French for 25$ on Ebay. I'm going to pick out a time in the morning for the girls to learn French (ie when Moira is down). Hopefully they enjoy it. I'm excited to brush up on my french, myself.

2 comments:

The Druhe Fam said...

I agree with the gym hiatus... it's too hard with that schedule! Also, you guys will love Muzzy...we have the Spanish one and we're very happy with it!

Shawna said...

Oh that's good to hear Kris!