Sunday, April 10, 2011

Happy Update

I guess if I'm updating on the scary times of mom's illness, I should update on the good things too! Mom was released from the hospital on Thursday (I think it was Thursday, anyway). She left with two extra appendages- a drain in her right lung and a port in her chest for her chemo, which starts this week. She was able to recover some from those procedures and nail down her treatment schedule before she left. Her chemo will be every three weeks and will be pretty aggressive, as long as her body can handle it (if not, they'll drop the second medication and keep going with the primary). We hope that by starting this aggressively that her tumors will dry up quickly and she'll get some more time with her grandchildren (and her kids too, I guess). Even though chemo is NOT what she wanted to do, she's in good spirits, and her faith in the Lord is stronger than ever.

Thank you for your love and support. It means the world to her and us (her kids).

:)

1 comment:

Katz said...

That sounds all too familiar. I took my mom in every 3 weeks for chemo.

Hugs and prayers for all of you.