Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Funnies

Literally, all day today I have been trying to keep notes of all the blogable things the girls did. I realized that I usually have a lot of things to write about on Sundays, and I figured out that it's because it's the Sabbath, so other than church, we spend the day as a family. And since church doesn't start until 2pm this year, we just lounge around in our pajamas, enjoying each other. So, here is our version of the Sunday Funnies. :)

Liliana is really into picking out people's clothes right now. She'll get dressed and then she expects everyone to follow suite. So we'll be laying in bed watching cartoons and she'll be bringing us shirt after shirt to make us "warm." And she will let you know if she doesn't like what you are wearing!

It's so sweet to see the older two cheer on Moira when she walks. She's getting quite good. She can walk across a room no problem. She does expect clapping after, though. Plus she can use sign language to say "eat" but watch out! She uses it when she wants anything- not just food! Well, except for drink, which she mastered the other day. Oh! And she said Momma yesterday in context! We were picking them up from some friends who babysat for us yesterday and she walked over calling my name. :D

Liliana had an AWESOME day in primary today. A total 180 from a few weeks ago. She got a new teacher this week, whom she attached herself to right away. I think it also helped that I had hall duty and so she couldn't see me. When she walked to class she saw me, didn't say anything, and kept walking. I might have felt slighted, except that I could remember a month ago when she was clinging to my leg as I was trying to teach before she ran to the podium to try to climb up it. Yup, I'm all for her liking primary without me!

Grace is into kissing right now. We've had this problem before- when she wanted to kiss Kaylon. Now she wants to kiss other boys- boys her age. A friend of mine caught me after church to inform me that Grace and her son had been kissing and hugging during primary (which I didn't see since I was in the hall). I guess Grace was even "batting her eyes" at him. We again emphasized to her that she needs to cool down on the kissing, and that kissing in primary is not reverent. And yes, Kaylon is in HUGE trouble in about 7 years.

On the way home Kaylon asked Liliana what she learned about in her class. She said she didn't know but that she colored. So he asked what she colored and she said, "Jesus.... and Nemo." Kaylon said that was good and asked her if she loved Jesus. She said, "Yes.... and Nemo." So random!

The missionaries came over tonight while we were having Family Home Evening so we invited them to join us. One of them had a laser pen that he started flashing briefly onto the floor. When Grace pointed it out, Kaylon pretended that he hadn't seen it. They continued to tease her and she started to get afraid since she didn't know what it was. This escalated until she was backed up against the wall terrified and screeching, trying to convince them that there really was something red on the floor. I don't know if we've ever seen her so freaked out. Finally the elder showed her the pen and she settled down enough to laugh about it. I'm slight embarrassed to admit (as a mother) that it was pretty hilarious to watch.

The girls spent a good amount of time chasing each other, throwing balls at each other, and tackling the other one to the ground (and sometimes off the couch to get there). Liliana also learned how to jump off the couch tonight which she was very proud of. I figured whatever it takes to get them to go to sleep! I have already forgotten some of the things they said today... i should carry around paper and a pencil with me to catch it in the moment. I just know that Kaylon and I raised our eyebrows at each other often today as our girls made comments or told us stories, or told us what to do. It definitely makes life more interesting around here- and so enjoyable. :)

No comments: