Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dethroned

We learned some interesting things about Grace today. It turns out that she and her friend Byron have decided that they are going to get married. His mother overheard them talking about being boyfriend/girlfriend, kissing, and getting married. Byron has also told her that at school Grace often runs up and hugs him tightly before trying to kiss him.

This funny and cute to everyone but Kaylon. I don't think he had expected her to move beyond him so soon. Since hearing all this he has been trying to find ways to keep them apart and to convince her not to like boys yet. Sadly for him, it didn't work.

At dinner we asked Grace about the marriage/kissing stories. She giddily explained that she liked Byron and wanted to marry him. Kaylon desperately asked her, "What about me? I thought you wanted to marry me!" To which she replied, "Daddy when I'm 18, you'll be dead."

That was quite a blow. I quickly explained that Daddy wouldn't be dead, but agreed that he would be too old for her. She repeated this to him, throwing some more lemon juice on the cut. Kaylon then made her cry by telling her that she couldn't kiss Byron. I had to break things up and tell her that she could only kiss him on the cheek when she was with us or Byron's parents (don't need them playing show and tell in some room).

I don't think I need to tell you how the teenage years are going to be around here.

1 comment:

Debbie's said...

OMGoodness!!! That was so funny! My mom and I had a good laugh about her observation that Kaylon won't make it to her 18th birthday. She is TOO funny!!