Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hiding from Germs

It is 9:30pm. I put the girls to bed at 8pm after letting them finish their movie, completing our bedtime routine, and reading 3 books. The girls are still up. Ten minutes ago we heard Grace crying over the monitor and I sent Kaylon up to instill in them the fact that it was bedtime and they needed to go to sleep. Immediately I heard him call for me. I went upstairs not sure what to expect, but I certainly didn't expect what I found.

I walked into Grace's room and tried to find where the crying was coming from. There was Grace in the blanket cupboard. To understand the full implications of this you need a visual of the cabinet. It's about 2.5 feet tall, 4.5 long, and 1.5 ft deep (course some of you know that I have no spacial reasoning, so Kaylon might correct this later). It has a shelf running the full length, dividing the space inside in half. The front is divided into thirds, with only the other thirds having doors, the middle facade being stationary. So there she was crammed inside on the middle shelf, her head sticking out of one of the doors, without a shirt on. !!!??? Kaylon had already determined that she was doing this in order to get away from the germs that were in her bed and that she was only crying because Liliana refused to shut the door for her (something she couldn't do from inside the cabinet). We had to explain to her that her cough was due to the weather and not germs per se and that she needed to sleep in her bed. Kaylon stayed up to comfort her a bit, while Liliana babbled on about opening presents and telling daddy to "don't worry," and I came down to blog, before I forgot too much. I tell you, these girls are too much!

I'll try to get a picture tomorrow to help the visual :)

No comments: