Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tactfulness

Kaylon likes to cook on weekends, and when he cooks he puts a lot more effort into his meals than I do. Tonight he recreated a sun dried tomatoes pasta dish from Cheesecake Factory with success. I was ready for the girls to refuse it, but the younger two ate it quickly once they got past the "this is something new" stage. Grace was quick to try it but was less enthusiastic as time went on. Finally she got the courage up to address the chef.

"Daddy, I really don't want to hurt your feelings, but this isn't my particular favorite food. It's not like I hate it or anything, I just..."

"What don't you like about it? Is it the sun-dried tomatoes? I can take those out.."

"No, Dadddy, it's really all of it. I just... kinda, really hate it."



It still makes me laugh.

2 comments:

manda carol said...

That is great! Gotta love those honest comments.

Luann said...

Ha! And she was so polite about it too. That's great.