Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Van!

Before Mom leaves on Tuesday to return to AZ for the duration of the cold weather, she hinted to Kaylon to take me out for the weekend, which he acted on. He kidnapped me Friday night and took me to the Hyatt at Reston Town Center for a relaxing weekend of no kids, cooking, or housework.

We decided to also use this time to buy a new van, since our 1998 Toyota Sienna was just deemed to need 2000$ of work in addition to the A/C and ABS work that needed done (totaling probably $5000-6000). Having bought cars at a dealership before, and knowing our personalities and strengths in such situations, we had a plan going in: Kaylon would do the talking and I would shut my mouth and use my poker face. (I am EASILY guilted.) We ended up with a 2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L with a built in DVD player and navigation for a couple thousand less than it was really worth, thanks to Kaylon's negotiating skills (He was quite amazing!).

Course, the automatic door is already sticking... thank goodness for a 3 year full warranty!

It was a great weekend for just the two of us- even better being able to take care of the van without kids tagging along, and so much fun to show the girls the new van when we got home (and have them truly excited to see US!).

No comments: