Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Grade!!!

Grace started first grade today! She's been excited for a week, talking about seeing her friends and learning new things. She woke up this morning and was dressed in her new Hannah Montana outfit 30 seconds later. She also has new sparkle tennis shoes.
I'm amazed sometimes that I have raised such a confident, social, brave girl (in contrast to me). She took a picture with her dad, complied with hugs from us, and then without a glance behind her, walked into the school (and went the wrong way- she was supposed to report to the cafeteria and went to her classroom instead. I figure someone found her along the way.)
I watched her go, so proud of the girl she has become. Kaylon... well, he was hoping for a little more crying from her- maybe some desperate plea for him to walk her in. Oh well, maybe Liliana was be more clingy next year.

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

Yay for first grade! I walked both of the boys to meeting place and they sat down right away in the hall. No hugs- just a high five and a see you later, Mom! Oh, well! They grow up so fast! Love those shoes!