Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Who's your Mamma?

Grace has given me one and a half compliments in the last few days. You'll understand the half by the end of this.

We were driving to playgroup last Wednesday and I was singing along with the radio as usual, when out of nowhere Grace says, "Mom, you could be a rockstar. You sing pretty. You sound just like the girl on the radio."

It might have been the best singing compliment I ever got.

My half compliment came the other day while we were eating. Again, out of nowhere, Grace commented, "Momma, I love you. You're the best mom. You're the only mom I want. Well, except for this one time at school when we went to PE but we didn't have PE, but we sat and watched some dancers and one danced just for me. She was so beautiful and I wanted her to be my mommy."

Yeah, no sure how to respond to that. At least she's resigned herself to me being her mom. Maybe I should work on my dancing...

No comments: