Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sneaky Sneaky!

Kaylon and I love to surprise each other. We hate not knowing a surprise, but in a good way. So when I figured out that while Elyse was here that I wouldn't be pregnant or have to nurse all the time, I decided to plan a night out for Kaylon and me. We have not had a night to ourselves since Grace was born- no anniversaries, no birthdays, no nothing. So I got Elyse in on it, made reservations at the Melting Pot, and booked us a hotel room.

The tricky part was pulling all this off while Kaylon was home on Friday without him getting suspicious. Dinner was easy- I just didn't tell him till 45 minutes before that he wasn't getting the Chinese he wanted and that he should get dressed to go out. It was getting to the hotel that would be tricky. So I sneaked out while he was running and checked into the hotel, dropping the bag off, since carrying an overnight bag would be a dead giveaway. Then at dinner (which was delicious!) I fed him a story about an old high school friend being in town for a convention and asked if we could go see her. You should have seen the confused look on Kaylon's face when I pulled out the door key from my wallet to make the elevator work! It was a great way to relax before Kaylon started his job on Monday, and I finally got to sleep in past 7am without 3 little girls needing me. I love them, but yeah, sleep is good!

And at this point the bar is set high for surprises. I'll be interested to see if Kaylon can top this one!

No comments: