Monday, January 26, 2009

My pessimistic predictions

Ok, so I'm a day away from my due date- not that uncomfortable, other than the growing bruise on the top of my stomach that the baby just can't seem to leave alone. But I'm done- everything is ready and I'm to the point that I would go through a painful labor to have this baby be born. I honestly wasn't there a few days ago- I am now.

So, onto my predictions. There is an winter storm heading our way tomorrow. Tomorrow's roads should actually be fine- just a bunch of snow, easily cleared. But sometime early Wednesday morning it should be turning to icy rain. I predict that THAT is when I will need to go to the hospital. I believe my mother had to drive in the snow (well, my grandmother actually) to get to the hospital with me. It's only fitting that I should carry on the tradition. And I'm in such a crappy mood because I haven't had this baby yet, predicting the worst makes me feel a little better- not sure why, but really, do you want to understand the mind of a crazy pregnant woman?

3 comments:

Allison said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry you haven't had the baby yet! That is just cruel for a third pregnancy to go all the way to due date.

Can't wait to find out what you are having though. And I hope it is an easy and fast labor!

Trish Olsen said...

Shanwa im so sorry your having to go all thru this. But its totally worth it. Every minute of it. I remember getting my epidural with Brekke and telling jeremy" I CURSE YOU FOR DOING THIS TO ME" But liek he said its all worth it in the long run. Now i have a cuddly 21/2 year old sitting in my lap that makes it all worth it. :) I hope to be hearing form you guys VERY soon. :)

Mrs Abbott said...

I was thinking of you driving on the freeway this morning in the snow to go to the Rio Sport and Health gym. I thought, hopefully she's not driving in this! Here's hoping that you make it to Thursday! I can watch your girls for you. Just let me know when.