Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm driving down the road and I spy...

Ok, you need some backstory for this one. When we drove up to Connecticut for my friend Jocelyn's wedding, things got boring at times, so Kaylon started playing 'I spy' with Grace (I hate games like this, so I tried to not participate). Grace has remembered the game from time to time, and will start playing it on car rides.

Yesterday we were driving to pick Kaylon up at the metro- I was running a little late so I was trying to concentrate on the road. Out of the blue Grace says, "Say I." This was a habit she recently got over where she would make us repeat after her when we didn't understand what she was saying- one that annoyed me, so I ignored her (I know, bad mom). She said it again, and I continued to hope she would think that I couldn't hear her over the music. But then she said, "Liliana, say I."

Liliana- "I."

Grace- "Say 'going down the road.'

Liliana- (nothing)

Grace- "Liliana, say 'going down the road.'"

Liliana- "Go road"

Grace- "And what do you spy, Liliana?"

Liliana- "Pie!" (I think she meant spy)

Grace - "Hmmmm pie? Ok Liliana."

Grace then took a turn and I took a turn (had to redeem myself, after all). Then it was Liliana's turn again. The conversation above was repeated almost word for word, including Liliana's "Pie!" Then Grace said with understanding, "It's ok Liliana, you don't know a lot of words."

She is such a good big sister.

2 comments:

Debbie's said...

What a sweet big sister... and a cooperative little sister... and a patient mommy ;)

manda carol said...

That is so cute! I have a feeling we will be tormented, I mean priviledged to have many similar conversations in the near future.