Sunday, August 10, 2008

Putting out pretend fires

We went to a baptism tonight at the church. There were refreshments afterward and the kids were all playing in one of the nursery rooms. I was walking through when Grace stopped me and said, "Momma, there's water all over." I looked over to see a play stove with water all over it. Grace then told me, "There was a fire on the stove so I put it out with water." Ok, so I'm laughing on the inside, but I make her clean up the mess. As we're driving home, this incident comes up again, and we told her that next time she should put out the pretent fire with pretend water. She then protested, "But the pretend water wasn't working, so I had to use the real water."

4 comments:

Debbie's said...

OK, your daughter is one of the most imaginative little girls I've met! How adorable! I recommend getting a work order in to get the pretend water fixed.

Trish Olsen said...

hahahahaa how stinking cute. I love her imagination

Dee said...

Too cute!! This story made Jeff laugh.

AbbaDabba Bags said...

Aaaahhh, that is the CUTEST story!