Thursday, June 25, 2009

Stupid DMV

I hate the DMV. I got all my documentation together as well as all 3 girls, snacks, diapers, and coloring books and drove 2o minutes to get there. I got past the initial check of my documents, so I think that I'm scott- free, right? No. After filling out my paperwork I get to the window and they say that my lease isn't acceptable since it was faxed, so not the original signatures. It's the digital age- I send my taxes with a digtal signature, but the stupid DMV won't take my faxed lease as proof that I live in Virginia. I almost cried. It took so much for me to get down there. I had wanted Kaylon to take time off so that I could go by myself, but I could see that wasn't happening and so I decided to just go. Waste of time. So I left the DMV empty handed and drove the 20 minutes back fuming.

The sad thing is I still have to go back- with more proof of residency. Oh- and I have to find our van registration that is not in the van or in our files. ugh....

4 comments:

Debbie's said...

I'd watch your kids I was there!!
Go read Twilight... it'll make you feel better.

Shawna said...

yeah, i;m reading new moon... the happy part at the end...

Tracy said...

Are you serious? When Gavin and I were getting our Maryland ones, we used our lease which has been faxed and they didn't care. They just wanted the address.

By the way, I found your blog from Facebook. Hope you don't mind! :)

Shawna said...

Tracy- I don't mind at all :) I'm glad your experience was better than ours!