Monday, June 29, 2009

How Informercials look to a 5 year old

Last week Grace called Kaylon up to our bedroom where she was watching cartoons on our TV. She started rambling so quickly that Kaylon couldn't understand her, so she pulled him into her room and pulled out her Scripture Reader. She started telling one of the scripture stories- paraphrasing it. Then she dejectedly shook her and and said, "See Daddy, I can't do it, I can't read. I need WordSmart."

Now, at this point of the blog, I would like you to watch a minute of this infomerical. Please? Just a minute, I promise? It helps you understand what happens next. Here's the website.

http://www.wordsmart.com/

Ok, Thank you for that. So after her reading attempt Grace pulls Kaylon back into our bedroom, where luckily the infomerical is still running. She starts to excitedly explain to Kaylon how WordSmart works. "You put your hands on this machine, and the arrows go up your arms to your brain and it changes its color. And then you can read the words and understand them. I need that Daddy!! I need WordSmart!!"

And it doesn't stop there- According to the TV, she also needs to visit North Dakota, go to the beach at Kohls (the models were playing at a beach), and collect all the cool toys of the moment. It's just so funny how literally she takes things- understandable why she does, but still funny.

2 comments:

Destiny said...

Raena has informed me I need Bare Minerals and some paper cutter with a light. The best part is she quotes them word for word. Such fun!

Debbie's said...

I am SOO glad you blogged that- she's so funny! I think the commercial's demonstration was definitely over the top, so it's no wonder she processed it that way. SO cute!