Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Had I been prepared I would have created a slideshow, or poem, or something creative to mark this day of dads. But things have been so crazy lately, I barely realized that the day was coming. I did manage to get a card out to my dad (late), and Kaylon's tie was luckily ordered beforehand.

Still we had a very nice day. I let Kaylon sleep in (and it took him a while to figure out why I did that) and the girls and I made him French Toast- one of his favorites. Grace presented him with a card that she made and of course the tie with Moira's picture on it, which he wore to church. Kaylon decided to make his own dinner, since he wanted Indian food, which I cannot make (and do not want to learn). Before you get on my case, I did make him brownies for dessert. We spent some time on the deck (one of the best things about this house!) and generally enjoyed each others' company.

I am grateful for my father. He is a great person- someone you can count on when things get tough. He cares deeply- and loves even deeper. I'm happy that we live close enough to see him often, and that I get to see what a wonderful "Pop" he is to my children. I love the chance that I have to get to know him as an adult and build our relationship that way.

I am also grateful for my husband. He is a wonderful father to our children- so hands on and capable. I never had to worry about him not knowing how to hold a baby or change a diaper (his mother trained him well!). He loves our girls and loves being a dad of girls. He wants the best for them and settles for nothing less. And he puts up with me every day, making him superman, at least.


Here's a picture of them both being really good sports on Grace's birthday playing Candyland.


Thank you to both of your for being such great dads! I love you both!

No comments: