Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Please ignore the greasy looking hair...

Yes, I do bathe my children- twice in the last 18 hours, in fact. Why, you ask? Because last night Liliana found the Vasaline on the changing table, and decided to coat herself, her sister, the changing table, and the dog in the stuff. And note to parents everywhere- shampoo really doesn't do much to get it out. As far as I can tell, washing their hair just spread the jelly out making their hair shiny and sticky.

Oh yeah, and they did the same thing today, while I was finishing my lunch. We all jumped in my shower after that.

Perhaps someday this will be funny (ok, it's already funny to Kaylon, but he's not cleaning it up), but right now, I'm just annoyed. Maybe Kaylon will be soon, as well, since he's gonna have to bathe the dog- my belly is just too big for that.

****Side note- dish soap does work to take Vaseline out- thank you Debbie for the help!****

3 comments:

Debbie's said...

I'm so sorry.. you should have posted pictures!! Threaten them that Santa won't come this year if he does it again (since Christmas is still fresh in their minds). Yes, I think bathing the dog with wipe that smile off Kaylon's face. I found a site that says cornstarch gets Vaseline out of hair.. sounds harmless enough :)

Trish Olsen said...

oh my goodness that is HAlarious yes i would have been soooo mad also. A couple weeks ago i baby sat our neighbor girl while her parents went out of town to buy a new vehicle and i found her crouched down behind my chair and she had a tube of desitin and she has squirted the WHOLE tube all over the carpet and then rubbed it in yes we were probobly in the same boat as you :) Kaylon has a nice treat ahead of him. good luck!

The Druhe Fam said...

Oh no! (Is it bad that I'm laughing about this?) I know it's no fun for you but it IS pretty funny for the rest of us :) Just think, one day we'll be looking back with longing at these silly kid antics!