Saturday, January 31, 2009

A new Princess...

Our new little princess arrived January 30th, at 5:48pm after almost 14 hours of labor. She weighed in at 8lbs 9oz and was 19.5 inches long. She has some dark hair and chubby cheeks- and yes, we are all already in love with her. Everything went fairly well- Mom was able to arrive in time for the last few hours of labor and the delivery- she even got to cut the cord! Kaylon was an awesome coach. The baby had low blood sugar at first, but after a formula bottle she was fine. Now she is nursing like a champ. I'll write up the birth story soon and post it for anyone who wants details :) Oh- and Kaylon and I should be deciding on a name tonight- we'll let you know when we know.

I was kinda worried about the title of my blog if we had had a boy, but I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore- just princesses at our house for a while longer :) And we are totally happy with that.

4 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

Congratulations, Shawna! Yay for new Princesses!

Debbie's said...

Too cute... 3 lil' princesses. I don't envy Kaylon the volume of PMS he'll have the pleasure of enduring in 12 years, but that pales in comparison to all he gets... all the pretty dresses, giggling, heart-dotted letter "i's", shoes, pigtails, and daddy-daughter dates :)
Congrats you guys... we can betroth your #3 to our #4 ;)

Aleese and Scott said...

Congratulations!! We were so excited to hear about your little arrival!!

Trish Olsen said...

I am so happy for you guys!!! I cant wait to see her pictures :) and see just how cute she really is. Congrats to you guys :)