Wednesday, January 13, 2010

King of the Mountain

Liliana and Moira are starting to bond. Many of you won't be surprised to learn that they are bonding over common mischief.

A few days ago I walked into the living room to find the cushions off the couch, with Moira and Liliana taking their places. Moira had the biggest grin on her face- like she had conquered the world. I just had to laugh. I could just see it in her eyes how her sitting on the couch made her feel like a big girl. And in a way she is. I watched her get off the couch too- all by herself- by going backwards just like she should. I never showed her that, she just did it. (She can go down the stairs too, but that still scares me since about halfway through she seems to think that she can stand up and go down the 'big girl way.' That's when she falls.)

So today when Grace was at school and Liliana down for her nap, Moira stood whining at the couch. It took me a minutes to realize what she wanted, but then I boosted her up. She got that excited grin again, and then proceeded to push all the pillows off of the couch. It seems that she learned all too well from Liliana what you are 'supposed' to do when you get up there. :)

1 comment:

Debbie's said...

gosh, that's nuts! I can imagine her victorious grin :)