Tuesday, January 5, 2010

From the mouth of Grace

"I want to go to a new family. You yell at me. My teacher doesn't yell at me. I want to go live with her." (FYI, i never even raised my voice- I just told her that if she didn't stop throwing a fit that I would send her back to her room.)

....

"I think we're a broken family. (where the heck did she get that?) Yeah, we're a broken family."

...

"MOM!!! ARE WE A BROKEN FAMILY???? ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?? TALK TO ME!!!! ARE WE A BROKEN FAMILY????"

When she stopped yelling at me (1 minute ago) I told her that we were not a broken family, that she was just mad at me, which was not the same thing. Then I asked her where she heard about broken families. She pointed to the TV and said, "Stitch." (Lilo and Stitch)

And all of this because I asked her to pick up her toys. I'm such a bad mom. :P

1 comment:

Debbie's said...

HAHA! Before I got to the end I was going to suggest that maybe she got it from "Lilo and Stitch"... at least she doesn't accuse you of beating her with a pillowcase full of bricks :P