Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam

In the LDS church, our Sunday School is called Primary. It is broken down into a nursery (18 month to 3 year olds), Junior Primary (3-7 year olds), and Senior Primary (8-11 year olds). All children who turned 3 last year started junior primary today as Sunbeams. And so there was one very cute 3 year old little girl in a fluffy dress sitting in the front row today, smiling and singing songs.

It wasn't Liliana.

No, Liliana was the new sunbeam running around, trying to get to the microphone, telling her teachers to "go away," and taking apart the seat covers that designated the different classes. Liliana was THAT child. I don't think she sat down on her own the whole time (and only for mere minutes on someone's lap). She did do better once they went to their classroom- in fact she was really excited to tell me all about it. Thank goodness I ducked back into the library when I saw her class coming back from a potty break before she saw me- it probably wouldn't have been pretty.

Course there was a sweet moment too. Grace was chosen to help with one of the songs, and on her way to the front she grabbed Liliana's hand and had Liliana help her. I love it when they love each other!

1 comment:

Debbie's said...

I love this post... what a fire cracker! I just melted when I read about Grace taking her up with her... do you hire her out to give lessons??