Sunday, April 5, 2015

Mom's Weekend Away

Kaylon's travel with the job has at least doubled, if not tripled what it used to be, leaving me a little frazzled at times (ok, who am I kidding, a lot frazzled). So Kaylon very sweetly bought me a ticket to go see my family in Arizona when he saw that he had a long weekend coming. Funny enough the reason he had a long weekend was because it was EASTER. And the tickets were nonrefundable (are any tickets refundable anymore?). So with a slightly guilty conscious that I was abandoning my children on a holiday weekend, I boarded a plane to a weekend of no-mommy responsibilities.

I love my nieces and nephews. I never expected it to be like that with my siblings kids, but it is- total unconditional love.  They fought over who would give me the first hug. They told me all about their friends and classes, and I loved it. We went to the Phoenix Zoo, which someone I had never visited before, right from the airport.

 Our attempt at a selfie.


Then things got exciting when we went to lunch and Emma fell and split her forehead open.  The poor people at Chick Fil A probably thought we were gonna sue them.  We cleaned her up and had to take her for stitches.  No temple visit, but I got to eat some pizza with the other kids.

It's interesting how playful I get when I don't have anything to do- the kids got me to jump on the trampoline quite a bit (great exercise). Of course I also got to spend time with my sister and we had the boys over at various times on Saturday. Quite relaxing.

Before I left on Sunday Ang took me to see Mom's grave for the first time since the funeral. The grass is coming in nicely and she's gotten some neighbors recently- one of them a friend who also lost a fight to cancer. I should have taken the picture closer, but I forgot till we got back to the truck.




Course poor Kaylon got stuck with a weekend of vomit- I guess no good deed goes unpunished, right? But that also meant he got lots of snuggles from the little dude. I'm grateful he is willing to do things like this for me.

 

No comments: