Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there, especially our mothers, Elyse and Susie. We are so blessed to have such dedicated, strong mothers who have led us with their examples. I hope that everyone had a wonderful day!

I have to brag a little and say that I was completely spoiled today! Kaylon made us pancakes and bacon for breakfast before we ran off to 8:30am church. Grace and Liliana sang beautifully with the primary during sacrament meeting. After we got home from church Kaylon took over, allowing me to take a much needed nap! He and Grace had some secret plans going on downstairs, so I think it was mutually beneficial. Dinner was gourmet and homemade- bruschetta, Caesar salad, chicken and pasta in a tomato cream sauce, with a (non homemade, but delicious) red velvet cake for desert. There was even a young beautiful waitress waiting on me the whole time! I then got my present- a box decorated by Grace with pre/post baby massage helps- lotions, rollers, oils, etc, and a certificate for a pregnancy massage. Also included was my long awaited charm representing Moira for my mother's bracelet! I always feel guilty wearing it without Moira "on" it, but we just weren't in a place to purchase it when she was born. When baby four will get hers, well, who knows ;). I also received a few cards from Grace and a candy flower she made for me at church today, as well as many hugs, kisses, and praise from my whole family. I am so blessed to have a husband who really makes a big deal out of these holidays and teaches our girls how they should be showered with love as well.

I love being a mother. It's not easy. I'm not always great at it. Sometimes I stink at it actually. But I wouldn't trade it for any other job. I'm nervous about number four coming... that's a lot of people to be responsible for! But I know with the support of my husband, my family, and my friends, I can do it. Course at this point I don't have much choice- check out this pregnant belly!

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

What a cute belly! It was nice seeing you this weekend! :) You'll do great with baby #4!