Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Update on Mom

We found out this week that my mom's cancer treatment has, for whatever reason, stopped working. Her lungs are filling with fluid again and her cancer-markers have gone up. As soon as she can get insurance approval she will get the fluid extracted from her lungs, one at a time, and then next Wednesday she will start a new (yet unknown) treatment. We're hoping that it will be an oral, hormone treatment again, since they don't kill your body like the IV chemos do.

Mom is doing ok- not breathing as well, obviously, but we're glad that we found the fluid before she was on her death bed like last time. Any prayers or good thoughts in her direction would be appreciated.

4 comments:

Joce24 said...

I am sending all my love to your mom. She means so much to me and I only wish the best in her treatments. I send you and your entire family love and hugs to get you all through this difficult time. Lots of love from the Harrison clan! We love you! ~Jocelyn, Jeremy & Maddie

Jen said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news. She will definitely be included in my prayers. Sending love from Utah.

Jay said...

I'm so sad to hear this,Sue has always been in my prayers. I'm hoping the treatments will work. I love you'all. Grandma Jay

Jennie said...

I Have been worried sick about her this week! And you! I bet it's so hard being so far away. She's in our prayers. I want to go visit or call but don't want to overwhelm her. what does she need most right now?