Friday, August 7, 2009

Our "old" home

I promised Grace when we moved that we could go back for a playgroup this summer. The drive isn't bad when it's not rush hour (40 minutes or so). I didn't tell Grace where we were going, but she recognized her surroundings when we got off of the 270. Excitedly she exclaimed, "It's our old home! Are we moving back???!!!"

I felt so guilty at that moment. She was just so happy. I had to tell her that we weren't moving back, but that we were going to playgroup. That cheered her up, thankfully. She saw a lot of her friends and had a good time playing (so did I). It just made me want to find a place to settle down once and for all, and soon. I know that she could be fine, even with moving a lot- I mean look at me... oh wait, that's an argument against moving around... ;)

Grace made the best of it though- she had brought a pad of paper with her, which she used to draw all her favorite places as we drove by them- the playground, the mall, and toys r us... she wanted to draw our old house, but I didn't have time to go back that far and still miss friday afternoon traffic.

No comments: