Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Funny sayings of Grace

Grace is so funny sometimes. She doesn't mean to be, but she is. In fact, if we tell her she's funny, or silly, she usually makes a sour face and says, "No, I'm not funny/silly, I'm pretty/a princess.

So this week's funny sayings:

Kaylon bought a 10$ TV on craigslist a few weeks ago, which allows us to actually get all our channels since it's on the 3rd floor in our bedroom, instead of the basement. This means we get PBS, which is a lifesaver in the morning. So the girls get up at 7:30 (when their music goes off) and they run into the room and give one of us the remote so we can turn on Noddy. Earlier this week they had a story line where Noddy's friend took all the chocolates that were meant to share with all the townsfolk and he ate them all- and got a stomach ache. You can imagine the rest.

So, that morning we went grocery shopping right after dropping Kaylon off at the Metro. I hadn't had enough to drink at breakfast, so I deciede to get myself my first Snapple in probably a year. The girls also got a donut to share since they were "good" (that was really debatable, but no tantrums). I opened my drink in the car, ready to savor its goodness, and Grace noticed, asking me what it was. I explained and she asked if she could have some. I told her that this was mommy's treat and she had a donut. Then in a chiding voice she said, "But mommy, it's better to share- just like when the bear took all the chocolates from Noddy and ate them all and got a stomach ache. Noddy said that we should share." I couldn't argue with that. (Stupid moral teaching cartoons...)

Funny thing #2:
We went to the mall today (I am FINISHED shopping! Kaylon still has to finish shopping for me, but I don't have to worry about that!). As we were getting ready Grace wondered if we would see Santa. Kaylon said that he wanted to sit on Santa's lap. Grace laughed and told him that was silly. Kaylon insisted that he wanted to do it and started listing all the things he wanted for Christmas. Grace shook her head and told him, "Daddy, you're too big to sit on Santa's lap. Just give it up, Dad!" Kaylon and I just looked at each other and bust up laughing.

Not to leave out Liliana, she's adorable as well. She loves picking up Kaylon at the metro, and starts calling for him as soon as she can see the lights of the parking garage. She has started "stealing" our noses and putting them in her belly. She's also quick to tell us "No" when we do something she doesn't like, and is falls to pieces if we have to scold her for something- especially if it's Kaylon that does the scolding. She tried to hold it in for a few seconds, but then her face puckers and she dissolves into tears. It is the saddest thing to see. Of course then Kaylon dissolves as well. He's a good daddy.

Well, Kaylon just got home with my tree lights.... hopefully these will work!

4 comments:

The Druhe Fam said...

Oh, how funny! I just love the things they come up with! It's precious!

Debbie's said...

I love those girls. She sure put Kaylon in his place!
I've opted to use my aunt's treat strategy. If her kids want something she's indulging herself in, she flatly tells them it's for grown-up's only and that when they grow up they can have some. I tried it for fun, and Gregory didn't even question it- he simply accepted it and will even remind me when I'm eating something "for grown-ups" that it's "not for kids".
lol... maybe yours aren't as gullible as mine.

Trish Olsen said...

cute kids :) I cant wait till Brekke starts talking like that full out conversations and everything. Kaylon is like Jeremy and little bit of a push over when it comes to his girls :)

Katz said...

your girls crack me up.