Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A bit obsessive...

Yes, I am obsessive. I've always known this, I think, but I forget when I don't have something to obsess about. So I ask frogiveness from friends, family, and my children who might have felt snubbed in the past 3 days. I started reading the Twilight series (by Stephanie Meyer) while on the plane to Jocelyn's bachelorette party (when will my next plane ride alone be?), and I could not put it down. It was an escape for me- into someone's life for a while- another world, that though impossible to be real, still allows me to see others and myself in new lights. I love reexperiencing life events that will never be mine again through the authors well chosen words (new love, for example) or things that I could never experience (the past, or perhaps the future). I love seeing other people's points of view and understanding the world a little better. And yes, I'm a sucker for happy endings- forget ironic movies like 'Message in a Bottle' and 'Premonition.'

It's been a while since I've been sucked in like that- Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, etc... which I guess is for the better, since sleep, food, and the house fall drastically in priorities. In my defense, my family was fed, the girls entertained, and my house not a septic tank. But it's a healthy release for me, a natural introvert, to get away from most of the world and escape into another world every once in a while. It helps me reevaluate my own life- find stengths in the characters that I would like for myself and work on making them my own.

So if you're looking for a good book (or 4) look up the Twilight series- just make sure that if you're a hopeless romantic like me, that you can set aside some time to neglect everything around you. And for those of you who were neglected... I should be completely back soon. Let me just readjust to real like again...

1 comment:

Dee said...

I just started the series tonight and only 50-60 pages in and I am hooked. My poor kids are going to be locked away until I finish all four books.....