Monday, July 14, 2008

What happens when you take the morning off as a mom...

So Grace is old enough now to roam the house a bit without me- if she wants to play in her room upstairs, I'm ok with that. Well that's what i THOUGHT she was doing this morning when I heard her yell (over the baby monitor) that she was stuck in my room (the door doesn't open very well). So I go upstairs and open the door to an overwhelming smell of Vick's Vaporub. But it gets better, because a majority of the Vicks ended up on Yoda, the dog. So guess who gets to give the dog a bath today? Yup.

*****UPDATE*****
So while I was bathing the poor dog (who normally hates the shower, but yesterday was so sick of smelling like vaporub that he just walked right in) I noticed that he had lost a patch of fur. I was concerned and brought it up to Kaylon, and started feeling guilty that I haven't taken him to the vet yet this year. Then this morning I walked by the guest bedroom and saw something on the carpet- black fur and a pair of sissors. I had to find my stern voice (cuz I wanted to laugh) and told Grace that we do not cut Yoda's hair, nor do we use sissors without mommy or daddy there. Inside, I was just so grateful that she didn't cut her own curls off!

3 comments:

Allison said...

I know exactly what you mean - they are old enough to play alone but every now and then they surprise you and get into something!

Trish Olsen said...

haha that has brekkes name all over it

Debbie's said...

I had a good chuckle at the part of poor Yoda willingly subjecting himself to the shower. At least Vapor Rub doesn't smell too bed... she could've used soy sauce... not that you would have kept that in your bedroom. Then again... *wink*