Monday, July 21, 2008

And then there were 3 (kids)

So we have now reached that magical point that I can tell you all that we are expecting number 3! I had another ultrasound today that put my due date at January 27, 2009. Grace and Liliana were there and got to see their younger sibling, which was sweet.

My pregnancy has gone well so far- I have not been nearly as sick as I was with the girls- I've been able to keep meals down, which is sooo nice. I'm starting to feel better now, while with the other two I was sick for close to 18 weeks. So I can safely say that I'm enjoying this pregnancy more than the others.

We are all excited to welcome another little one- Grace kisses my belly daily and tries to figure out "what the baby is saying/doing." To make things a bit more exciting, we are frustrating our mothers and NOT finding out the sex until birth. Sure if it's a boy it might wear a few yellow sleepers (no pink, I promise) but we would like the experience of hearing "it's a ..." at the birth. So now you all will actually be excited to hear from us, since you have to wait for ALL the information until the birth date! (See, really, we're just attention seekers.)

* * * * * *

So now that I've announced that, I can tell you my funny story. Grace walked in while I was getting dressed a couple weeks ago and asked, "Momma, why is your belly so big?" I played dumb and asked her what she meant. She then asked, "Momma, is there a baby is your belly?" I about lost it. Kaylon quickly jumped in and asked her what was in HER belly. That distracted her away from my own belly, and kept our secret safe for another week or two. We told her last Tuesday, and she hasn't been able to keep her mouth quiet about it since :) She's going to be such a good big sister!

3 comments:

Allison said...

CONGRATS!! So glad you haven't been as sick as you were before.

I'm with you, our next one will be a surprise. Although we already have both sexes, so it is much more impressive for you to wait!

Trish Olsen said...

Congrats. How exciting to hear you guys are one #3 :) hopefully this one will be much more enjoyable and not be sick :)

Debbie's said...

love the pics you added to the right. Some pretty dern good photographer must have taken that shot of you and Kaylon, eh?
I'm SOOO happy for you and glad I don't have to watch what I say now. I'm gonna be an aunt again! YAY!