Friday, May 29, 2015

Getting Healthy

Five babies can really do a number on your body. Especially when you love unhealthy food. I have used food as a crutch most of my life, but I didn't like what it was doing to my body, self image, and confidence. So when a good friend became a coach for Take Shape For Life and asked me to try it out in December, I took a leap of faith to change my relationship with food.

The first month I did the Medifast 5-1 program to jump start myself and teach myself portion control. I couldn't justify the cost for more than a month so I made the most of it and lost around 8 lbs the first month.  I continued to lose, but a slower pace from there- even hitting plateaus as I started to gain muscle from my daily morning workouts.  I found the Daily Burn program and alternating them with  my treadmill runs.  I had my ups and downs- cheating days and perfect ones, but I kept my goal in sight.

Almost five months later and I am down 21 lbs and four pant sizes- I'm wearing a size that I have NEVER worn before!  I eat better- not just better- I am no longer controlled by my appetite or cravings.  I make things like zucchini boats and cauliflower pizza (both delicious). I went to an activity with the girls the other night and totally ignored the dessert platters.  I get up a 6:15am, 6 days a week and work out- something I couldn't imagine a year ago.   And it feels great.

So here is the proof in the pictures.  My health journey :)






1 comment:

Destiny said...

Awesome! You look great.