Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My New Favorite Trick

Violet is not quite two, but she has been practicing her skills for a few months now, especially tantrum throwing.   At some point I got tired of reasoning, as well as listening to her crying, and in exasperation told her to go to her room if she was going to cry.  To my complete surprise, she did exactly that.  Then to my greater surprise she emerged a few minutes later with a big smile on her face, outstretched hands, as if to say, "Ta da!  I'm all better now!"  And she was- whatever wrong I did her forgotten and we moved on.

The great thing is that 75% of the time she will still listen to me and run to her room when she's crying, and then be "all better."  It makes me smile every time.  I don't know how much longer it will last, but for now, I'm loving it!

No comments: