Thursday, February 3, 2011

It's a GIRL!!!!

With all the confusion of the possible health risks, Kaylon and I had decided to find out the sex of the baby if something was indeed wrong. I had the ultrasound tech write down the sex for me to take home and open with Kaylon.

But there was one problem- ok not a real problem, a conflict we'll say- there was nothing wrong. So do we open it or not. Kaylon said no, but I had been looking forward to it for a week and a half and not opening it seemed wrong. Plus I had been looking at the ultrasound and had convinced myself that I had seen boy parts and didn't want to think that way the rest of the pregnancy and then find out I was wrong. And it was just too big a temptation to have that envelope in my hands. Kaylon relented on the premise that IF there was a next one that I would be firmly on board with not finding out and that I wouldn't try to read the ultrasound and guess.

We let Grace do the honors. She opened it excitedly and then stared at the page, confused: it was written in cursive! So I got to read it after all- It's a Girl! Grace was overjoyed. She ran around the room saying, "My wish came true!!!" Liliana was also happy and Moira was oblivious.

Kaylon and I are both happy. We both agreed that we would have liked the chance to try our hand at a boy, but another girl is a welcomed blessing and a joy- not to mention cheaper since we have all the girl stuff. The girls can be split between rooms evenly now and hopefully they will grow up to be best friends. And yes, we realize what a hormone- ridden house ours will be in 10 years, and yes, Kaylon will have a man cave so that he can escape when he needs to get away from the estrogen. I have promised him that for years.

But most of all I'm excited to raise a family of strong, smart, confident girls who will one day influence the world in their own ways.

4 comments:

The Kelseys said...

Congratulations! Another beautiful girl! I don't know how you went so long without looking. If I had the envelope (even if I didn't want to know) the temptation would have been too much.

Mrs Abbott said...

Congratulations! Plus, you don't have to change the name of your blog! Not yet at least! Now on to the names!

manda carol said...

Congrats! You guys make such cute girls. I'm sure your son would have been handsome too but sisters are great!

Debbie's said...

4 precious Little Women ^_^ Oh, the tales you will tell your posterity!