Sunday, July 19, 2009

My unwitty post

I had this whole blog written in my head all day and now it's gone. I can't remember what I was going to say. It was totally witty... and fun... and Gone. :P

Maybe if I start writing it will come back to me. It's been a busy 24 hours. Last night Kaylon invited our new neighbors over last minute. I'm not a last minute person, but it was a lot of fun. They have a 2 year old who is very cute. We did a potluck dinner followed by popsicles.

Then after the girls went to bed I got a phone call from the 2nd counselor of the Bishopric called last night to ask me to come in early this morning to speak with him. I naturally started to debate in my head what my calling might be. The 2nd counselor is over the youth, so I thought maybe young women... then I wondered if her was over sunday school, and started picturing a teenage sunday school class, followed by grand visions of all the teenagers loving me and begging to babysit my kids.

I thought it was a little weird when the bishop was the one to pull me in, but not much. And then these words, "Well, it's time to reorganize the primary..."

I am the newly sustained 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency, which is the calling that I left in our last ward. :D

I always felt that I wasn't done with my calling. I guess the Lord agreed. I am so happy to work with the children again! I'm hoping to be over nursery and implement some of the Lois McBride techniques from our last ward. I'm really excited to work with this presidency. The new president is the gal who carpooled with me to the relief society pool party and hung out with me all night. She's really a sweet person, and I'm excited to work with her and the other leaders.

Our other big news is that Moira got up on her knees tonight- not her arms, but her knees, which she used (accidentally) to push herself forward. It won't be long now...

4 comments:

Debbie's said...

Congrats on the new calling! I know this doesn't make much sense, but when you got released from your Primary calling, I felt a little lonely in mine. Now we can swap stories again!
And I found your post plenty witty... getting teenagers desperate to babysit for you :)
Less than 2 weeks now... YAY!

Katz said...

Congrats on the new/old calling. I loved serving with you in Primary.

Unknown said...

The hard part will be stopping myself from comparing the old and new primaries... I loved MV primary so much, it'll take awhile to adjust :)

Shawna said...

haha, i just posted under Kaylon accidently...